|
She and her Cat
|
|
|
|
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Protest Two days ago there's a protest going on at the building I'm working in, there are some employees from some other company set up their quiet protest at level 1, in the middle of the lobby! They placed this extremely long banner on the ground, saying that 雇主无理裁员and bla bla bla... Obviously they had been sacked! But they seems like enjoying their little protest, placing a THREE SEATED SOFA at the middle of the entrance, eating peanuts and drinking beer? Protest? More like a after work party! Oops! Forgotten they have no job anymore! I actually risk my life by taking a snap shot of them! And after that... I RUN OFF! LOL! See that sofa? Over! And yes, the 2 red long cloths are the banners! So when we thinks that the little protest is over, it actually blow up! When clock strike 5:30 pm today, I happily pack my stuff and knock off from work, BUT when I reaches level one... I saw this group of polices and security guards form in a circle surrounding this crazy man who's shouting and struggling to fight his way out. Yes! Man! 1 person! I think there is about at the very least of 20 people surrounding him! Haha, I'm shocked, but it seems like this is pretty "normal" to the locals. So without wanting to advertise Singaporean GeiPo-ness, I just walk off like the locals. As I step out of the building, I saw this group of army guys (approx. 12-16 pax) jogged towards the building to help out the riot of A MAN! Speechless! I think the police is making the scene BIGGER by adding so much manpower, basically making the situation worse! So while I was complaining to YQ that they're taking too much people just to stop 1 person, there's another group of security guards came (approx. 10-12 pax)! Madness! Crazy lah! I really thinks that China government have too much manpower! If this happen in Singapore, I think if the demonstrators see the police car 10 miles away, they already start to pack and run! 40+ people against 1, 无话可说! |