|
She and her Cat
|
|
|
|
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Nasi Briyani I went dinner with papa and mama earlier on at one of the coffee shop in Jurong West. I was having a hard time choosing what to eat, until I saw the Indian stall and I decided to have nasi briyani. Did I mention before how happy I can be when I saw Indian when I'm abroad? Haha, Indian just reminds me of home!! LOL! I know I'm a weirdo, so I shall not crap about my likes of Indian and continue with my story. The story begins... I happily walks over to the Indian food stall Ms Tay: Uncle, do you sell nasi briyani? (She's doing the Indian style head shaking while asking) Indian uncle: ... (Didn't reply, but yet he's smiling and similarly doing the head shaking) Ms Tay: ??? (Confused! The head shaking stands for yes or no?) Uncle, have ar? Or don't have? (With the head shaking again) Indian uncle: ... (Didn't reply, he's having a wider smile and is STILL DOING THE INDIAN HEAD STYLE SHAKING) Ms Tay: ... ... (Speechless and stare blankly at the uncle) In the end I approach another uncle and finally order my nasi briyani. The moral of the story tells us, doing the Indian head shaking might make you feel like one of them, but you never can be! (Her head shake again) Chloe D/O Tay K.G. |