|
She and her Cat
|
|
|
|
Friday, April 24, 2009
Job Hunt Looking at my stack of bills, I getting serious about job hunt last week. So I look through the online job search, rarely found any suitable one but anyway I just send in my applications to related field. (Side track a little, I was so stupid initially that I actually apply the job by quick apply function they provided. It took like forever for the system to send in the application for you. So if you are as silly as me, some tips for you is to send your CV through the email they provided) So after 1-2 days my first schedule for interview meet-up come along, which happens 2 days ago. It's at YCH, and surprisingly they have a lot of people applying for the position. I didn't realize that a shipping officer position can be so competitive. Everything goes well during that interview except the long 30 seconds "ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" when they asked me about my objective of this job. But I manage to brush it through, thinking that good finally get it over and done with! All I have to do is to wait for the result, BUT!!! The interviewer said that selected candidates have to come back for second interview with the GM! Alamak! IS JUST A SHIPPING OFFICER! Not as if I'm applying for a management post, still have to gone through so many procedures. ____________________________________________________________________ That very morning when I'm getting my hair done for the YCH interview a job agent called, saying that he have a job available at JE asking me whether I'm interested, didn't think much I just ask him to send in my CV, since the location is near my place. So after 2 hours later, the agent called again saying that the company is very interested in my profile. Then he start asking me about my internship during my ITE, and later I found out that my internship company is recruiting for the same department, same job scope that I did during back then. (BTW, the agent is not supposed to reveal it but I just manage to let him spill it out) Okay, by then I already start to panic and they schedule me 2 days later for the interview (today). Going back to the ex-company just make me nervous! So today 2 interviewers came down, one I saw him during my internship (he look just ready to hire me), and another one look EXACTLY LIKE YZ'S EX! (the one keep giving me tough questions). The YZ's EX look alike basically find me a interesting person, saying that my results is interesting, my sports is interesting. Aww. I'm not very proud of my 'O' level result, but he's pretty straight forward about my bad academic with that "WOW' expression. I seriously wanted to eat that cert at the moment, I'll take any chance to get ride of it. No kidding! I even stretch my hands to reach for it, but of course I have no guts to snatch away from the YZ's EX look alike, and they just laughed. Half way through the interview, my cell rang which I thought I turn it to silence mode, obviously I didn't. The call is from YCH asking me to go back for second interview. Great! Everything just dropped at my doorstep at once. Some of the questions asked during the interivew I find it a bit.... hmmm.... yah, mention below: 1) Do you have buddy? 2) How often you meet out? 3) Where you go during weekends? 4) Do you pour your frustration on them? Qns 1-4: Basically trying to ask you're an indoor/ outdoor person, and how good you handle your emotions. 5) You planning to stay single in next 2-3 years? Qns 5: Commitment for work. And many more which I can't remember, I think I had been asked at least 20 questions or more. Stressful interview! So 3 hours after the interview, my agent call saying that they offer me a placement. Now I'm in a dilemma, I wondering should try out the YCH 2nd interview or should I just take that job and forget about that interview? Forget it! Shall see how it goes... _____________________________________________________________________ Under my mum ugly face (she's doing peeling now, look as if she's beaten by some one), she's grinning. She really try hard to get me a job through her connection, but I rejected all. And now finally got one, I believe her smile nearly crack to her ears. How do I prove that? I have bird nest for supper tonight. |